Easy Ways to Drink More Water Every Day
Your body is made of 60% water, which is constantly lost through your sweat and urine. When you do not rehydrate yourself, your body works even harder to retain whatever water it has left. Because of this, you might feel fatigued. It can be to the extent of feeling faint the moment you stand up too suddenly after hours of working without reaching out for water. This is why many health professionals recommend that we drink 8 cups or 2 liters of water a day to replenish the water lost. Continue scrolling to find out what you can do to remind yourself to drink more water, ranging from drinking a glass before every meal to investing in an alkaline water filter.
Maintaining water balance is essential to our being, inside and out. We tend to feel thirsty when our body is in need of water. Only when we pay closer attention to this mechanism will we be able to meet a healthy water intake just right for our system. Daily water needs may vary from person to person so while you may not be drinking eight glasses of water every day, there are still plenty of reasons why you should drink more water nonetheless. Below are the top reasons of how constantly hydrating yourself every day would benefit your body.
- Good balance of body fluids: The kidneys regulate fluid in your body. Sufficient water prevents kidney stones and produces more urine, cleansing your system of toxins.
- Increased energy levels: Mild dehydration has a negative effect on your mood and productivity. With that being said, when your body gets the water it needs, you get a much-needed energy boost and a healthier state of mind.
- Healthier skin: When your skin gets its optimum moisture from the water you drink, you may notice a more radiant glow in your skin.
- Better bowel functions: When you do not drink enough water, you might frequently experience constipation, a condition where an individual faces difficulty in passing stools. To not be constipated, people are often told to rehydrate themselves regularly as a remedy for it.
Drinking water is a simple habit that goes a long way. If you have always seen sipping water as a chore, think of the goodness water brings to your skin and overall health instead to change this mindset. Especially in Singapore’s hot weather, it is easy to feel dehydrated and thirsty. Now, if you are thinking that you should start drinking more water, here are some ways you can adopt to help you in your water journey:
- Add flavor to your pitcher. Using fruits such as lemons and oranges, you can easily make your water taste ten times better with these classic water enhancers.
- Fill up a glass of water and leave it by your bed. From the moment you wake up, seeing the glass next to you will act as a reminder to drink water first thing in the morning.
- Drink a glass before every meal. This step easily helps you to fulfill three glasses out of eight when you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Use an app to track your cups. It can be useful to track your water intake, and you can see how you are doing in meeting your daily water drinking goals. Some hydration apps also allows you to set reminders for when you must drink water.
- Invest in a water filter. Stored water will start to mix with the chemicals of the bottle when kept for a long time. This increases the possibilities of chemical leaching and you could unknowingly be consuming contaminated water. To avoid this, when you install a water filter in your home or office, you get to enjoy cleaner and safer drinking water faster.