Everything to Know About Under The Sink Alkaline Water Filters
For many homes, obtaining clean and safe drinking water is not always easy. Under the sink alkaline water filter is one type of alkaline water filters that helps make clean and safe drinking water more accessible.
What is an under sink alkaline water filter?
Under sink alkaline water filter fits under the sink cabinet. It is easy to install, it does not eat any space in the kitchen counter, and it makes drinking water cleaner and healthier by restoring pH balance.
What are the pros & cons of using an under sink alkaline water filter?
- Compact and functional. Most under sink alkaline water filter comes with filters that are easy to install and replace. They are hidden under the cabinet and does not obstruct with the busy activities in the kitchen. They may the counter top clutter-free.
- A good brand of alkaline water filter also comes with a smart filter replacement timer, that alerts you of the time to replace the filter. Replacing the filter is easy, and you can do it on your own. This saves you from recurring costs.
- Having your own under the sink alkaline water filter at home will prove to be a cheaper alternative to buying bottled water in the long-term. This also helps you protect the environment by reducing your plastic pollution footprint.
- Filter water only at the source. Under-sink water filter system can only filter the water where you install it. Usually, it is under the kitchen, which means only water running from the kitchen tap is filtered for drinking, cooking, cleaning and other needs. This is unlike whole house filter system which offers filtered water for use from anywhere in the house.
- Need to install water filter tap. Inline water filters or whole house water filters does not require a special tap, under-sink water filter require the installation of either a single or three-way faucet, depending on how many filters you have.
Is an under sink alkaline water filter compatible with all kitchen sink pipes?
No. That’s why you have to alter the sink pipes, and in some cases, the faucet itself, to make it compatible to your under-sink alkaline water filter. Some filters are designed for single tap, others for three-way taps.
Is under the sink alkaline water quality good?
Depending on the brand you are getting, most under-sink water filter offers the same water quality goodness as counter-top water filters or whole-house water filters. The important thing is to check for a filtering system and an electrolysis system. These two components make sure your filtering system filters out impurities like bacteria, dirt, rust and chlorine, and the electrolysis system separates the hydrogen ions to make the water achieve its ideal pH balance.
What is the maintenance like?
- How long does it last for? An under-sink water filter system’s tank can last anywhere from 2-3 years. The filter themselves, though, can last anywhere from 6-12 months, depending on the water quality running through the tap. Some water filter systems have a timer that sets an alarm when replacement is due. This is very important to ensure that you don’t delay replacement and ensure that the water you offer is clean and healthy.
- How Is the installation done? Most under-sink alkaline water filter can be self-installed. If you want to be extra sure, you can engage a plumber to install it. The filters, though, can be replaced without any help. There are under-sink water filters that can be replaced with a simple twist and lock design.
- How much does it cost? The cost of under-sink alkaline water filter in Singapore can vary from $1500 to $3000 depending on the brand, the number of filters, and the type of filtration system (single or dual).
- Warranty? Some under-sink water filter companies offer up to 1-year warranty on parts and services. Others simply don’t. Check for a credible brand that can offer to help you in case of troubles or issues with your system, so you can enjoy clean and safe drinking water all year round.