How to choose the best water filtration system for your family
Water is the most essential raw material at home. The quality of water is important especially in the kitchen where we get our drinking water, to prepare the best food for our family, and clean the dishes where we eat.
Whether it is alkaline water, mineral water, or any other types of water, there are different ways on how to choose the best water filtration system for your family. The following steps will help you navigate all of the marketing and hype around water filtration systems so that you can easily track down the ideal option to keep your water clean and your family healthy.
- Know your purpose. Determine why you want to filter your tap water at home. The main reason is usually to ensure the safety of the drinking water. Another reason why most people decide to have filtration system is to improve the taste of the water. Some want better water for showering and laundry. Whatever your reason is, you need to define the purpose of water filtration for you to be able to choose the most suitable option available in the market.
- Decide the best water filter for your needs – Now that you know the chemical make-up of your water, it is now the time to decide which water filter to use. There are many types of water filters available for different types of home and depending on the type of contaminants present in your water. Aside from the famous air purifier, here are some of the most common water filters to choose from:
- Pitcher water filter – This filter usually used granulated activated charcoal to remove water contaminants. Compared to other filter options, it is less expensive if reducing carbon is your main concern but it requires frequent filling and replacement of cartridge. This type of filter improves the taste of water but since carbon is not solid, it cannot remove all toxins in your water.
- Charcoal stick water filter – This type of filter is a great alternative for those who have limited space at home. Charcoal sticks can be easily used in water bottles, pitchers, or any water dispenser. It does the same job as what the pitcher water and is also reusable.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) – This filter uses membrane or a deionization cartridge to completely cleanse your drinking water. It is a process where purified water is being filter through the membrane and is collected in a storage tank for future use while the contaminated water which cannot pass through the membrane will be drained.
- Consider your budget – With all the options given above, budget is also something to be considered. Check the pros and cons of each water filtration system and choose which will fit your budget.
Choosing the proper water filtration system will provide your family with safer and cleaner water for washing, bathing, cooking, and drinking. Having clean water is one of the most important things you can do for your family that is why having a reliable system should be one of the top priority at home.
We, at Triple Lifestyle, are committed to help provide safer quality of water. We provide affordable water filtration system because we believe that having better water at home is essential for the safety and protection of your family.